The COVID-19 pandemic has forced everything to go online – education, jobs & our life, in general.
It is like watching your life play in front of you as if it were a movie & you – both the actor & the spectator.
With such a scenario, life does not come by easy. Jobs do not, either.
A shift has been seen in organizations’ recruiting practices.
‘Online’ is the new normal & telephonic interviews are the new hurdles perceived by those trying to get a job.
But, telephonic interviews cease to be scary if one prepares well.
Here are some tips that might help:
- Call someone before your interview to ensure there are no connectivity issues.
- Choose a quiet place to take your interview to reduce distractions.
- Read your interviewer’s voice & try to emulate it. If their tone is neutral, stay neutral. If they sound friendly, return the same energy.
- Smile! Your smile can be heard on the phone. Sit straight & dress for your telephonic interview. This will help you ‘feel’ more prepared.
- Keep a notepad handy & jot down any important points that you might need later. Be responsive!
- Say thank you & end the interview on a positive note.
How do you prepare for your telephonic interviews?