Richard is a Doctor of Management from MGSM, The Financial Times #1 Ranked Business School in the Asia-Pacific. His thesis on healthy & unhealthy leadership & organisational behaviours in volatile, uncertain, complex & ambiguous environments was the culmination of the longest, most well-funded Research Council project into change in Australian history. Examined by world-leaders in the fields of management & change, it was awarded the highest achievable marks for a Ph.D.
A Harvard Top-200 Management Guru & business columnists for The Guardian newspaper have described this research as “a touchstone for the future work in management & organisation”, “outstanding in daring & imagination” & “at the forefront of modern discussion & debate.” Peers & colleagues have described his work as “bleeding edge … in another league altogether”, “iconoclastic”, & “eloquently expressing a real & relevant way of living out life.”
In 2017, Richard keynoted for Australia’s inaugural Employee Experience Conference & presented on The Future of Work at Reimaging HR, the Southern Hemisphere’s largest HR conference, & on “Dickheads at Work” at The Big Anxiety Festival, the world’s largest festival of mental health. His work was also featured on “Best Practice”, an Australian Broadcasting Commission radio show examining cutting-edge thinking in contemporary business, & in an internationally broadcast live webinar from the Project Management Institute (PMI) on a “A Disruptive Model of Change”.
He also ran leadership & culture workshops for CEB/Gartners’ International Human Resource Directors Forum & numerous Australian & international clients, & designed & taught MBA programs on Leadership, Change & Organisational Behaviour.
Some feedback from his 2017 speeches, presentations, webinars, lectures & workshops:
• It was absolutely wonderful. Such positive feedback from the team. Everyone has been raving about it today. Some mind-bending ideas for those who found themselves challenging long-held assumptions, but presented so well there was 100% engagement. Several have reported going home & sharing insights with their husbands and families! | Head of People & Culture, Major Publicly Listed Company
• I didn’t want to come as I’ve had bad experiences with academic speakers. I’m glad I did. That was the best presentation on organisational culture I’ve ever seen. | Director, Major Consultancy
• Wow. Your brain is as big as a planet. | Director, Major Consultancy
• Thank you so much for an insightful & highly educative evening. Truly inspirational! Keen to hear & learn more! | HR Director, Boutique Consultancy
• Fantastic. The best webinar I’ve watched. | Senior Project Manager, Publicly Listed Company
• The way you deliver knowledge & the effective encouragement for critical thinking personally has had a positive impact & provided a smooth understanding of the material. You are great at what you do & that is inspiring. | MBA Student
Richard has worked for & with clients & companies such as PwC, CEB, Gartner, McKinsey, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, HSBC, Australia Gas & Light, Sony, Beiersdorf, Lancôme, NakedHub, Steelcase, the Strategic Management Forum, MGSM & APIC. In recent years, he has consulted to & worked on a number of organisational transformation projects in the university, tourism & mining sectors.
He is in the process of launching a new brand, Organisational Misbehaviourists, which addresses the $3 trillion plus problem of toxic & disengaged behaviours that bedevils many contemporary organisations. He is also setting up an Asia-Pacific Hub for the Strategic Management Forum.
He is a Tier One tennis player & has coached tennis professionally. He also designed the tactics creator for the multi award-winning & world-leading management simulation, Football Manager.